Sets up and operates variety of machine tools, and fits and assembles parts to fabricate or repair machine tools and maintain industrial machines by performing the following duties.
1. Preparation and installation of APU unit, bunk heater and inverter.
2. Observes and listens to operating machines or equipment to diagnose machine malfunction and determine need for adjustment or repair.
3. Dismantles machine or equipment to examine parts for defect or to remove defective part.
4. Replaces defective part with new part or repairs or reproduces part from various kinds of metal stock.
5. Assembles and test operates machine to verify correction of malfunction.
6. Maintains and lubricates machine tools and equipment.
7. Cleans tools and working area.
8. Performs other routine duties.
9. Applicant must be able to lift 105lbs., carry 85lbs and push and pull 115lbs.
Any combination of education, training, and experience providing the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Mechanical experience is a plus.
Must have a strong work history. Flexible schedule with the ability to work nights and weekends required. Candidate must be able to acquire own basic hand tools and toolbox by the end of the training period (approximately 60 to 90 days).
Experience, Education, and Training
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have a good work history, flexible schedule, and the ability to work nights and weekends. Basic computer skills required.
This position requires constant handling, and forward reaching; frequent standing, head turning, kneeling, trunk bending, side reaching, pinching and occasional climbing. Candidate must be able to lift 105lbs., and carry up to 85lbs and push and pull 115lbs. Steel toed footwear, and safety glasses are required in the shop.
Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and reliable transportation to and from work.