Prime's enviable reputation within the transportation industry is a culmination of more than forty-five years of dedication to a unique corporate culture which seeks the most qualified professionals and routinely rewards them accordingly. Every Prime associate, driving and non-driving alike, is selected for their outstanding ability to perform well beyond typical expectations.
Positive, enterprising and highly-motivated individuals who possess the talent, creativity and drive to excel, routinely succeed once they join the Prime Team. The stated goal of Prime is simply to strive to be the best, not necessarily the biggest. The Prime Team cooperates to exceed customer requirements by providing exceptional customer service.
Prime has been built on the simple, yet significant philosophy that providing the best staff with the best equipment, the best support system and the best training ultimately leads to the best customer service. Prime's continued success is a direct result of a corporate culture that instills and inspires each associate to remain committed to reaching the pinnacle of their inherent potential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
· Greets patrons at the dealership or mechanic
· Inquires as to reason for customer visit
· Takes detailed notes with regard to customer’s vehicle issues
· Asks follow up questions as necessary
· Enters customer’s personal information into database
· Draws up work order with specific details
· Assigns vehicle inspection to mechanic
· Acts as liaison between customer and vehicle technician
· Provides cost estimates
· Imparts information to customer regarding the work provided by the mechanic
· Answers customer questions regarding condition of the vehicle, wait time, and cost
· Explains terminology and the nature of work completed to customer
· Prints out billing statements
· Explains billing details to customer
· Maintains logs of vehicle work completed
· Answers service area phones and schedules appointments as needed
· Schedule: Monday- Friday 3:00pm to 9:00pm
Any combination of education, training, and experience providing the following knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Basic knowledge of the trucking/transportation industry preferred. Previous work experience in the transportation industry is required.
Strong organizational, computer, interpersonal and customer service skills, written and verbal, required. Must maintain professional but friendly demeanor and pay attention to detail. Must be able to maintain, read and interpret billing statements and work orders. Must communicate clearly and effectively. Accurate typing up to 40 WPM. Multitasking, time management, and a flexible schedule are required. Some weekend work could be necessary for this position.
Experience, Education, and Training
A high school diploma or GED; or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
This position requires being able to sit and remain focused and motivated for long periods of time. Being able to multitask between the computer, phone, and different projects is required.
Both indoor and outdoor working environment with exposure to varying weather conditions and chemical odors. Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment as part of a team. Applicants for the position understand and acknowledge that PRIME implements in active practice a hearing conservation program that is fully aligned with the prescribed OSHA and related regulatory requirements (as defined in 29 CFR 1910.95).